Thursday, January 10, 2008

I guess....

...it was just one of those days.

It's been raining on and off since last night or it's simply greyish and COLD!

Today, I took off to go and watch Hugo play basketball after school (it's a 30min drive to his school!) and when I got there, they finally cancelled practice due to bad weather.

Then, on the way back home, we stopped at a bookstore: closed for prayer (a thing that usually takes them 5 mins). After 15 mins I grew tired of waiting and we went home (talk about a business in Egypt!)

I arrive at the house, Awa (the nanny/maid) tells me the dishwasher had broken down and was leaking! Great! Only problem is that when they built in the kitchen, they passed the electric cables and water pipes of the machine behind the furniture and marble kitchen tops... which they then GLUED to the wall. Makes the task of pulling the machine out of its hole to see what the problem is much easier! Sense the irony, please! hehe

I finally manage to pull the damn thing out and figure out the problem. We call the company to tell them to simply send someone by to fix that. We are told that that was not their procedure: a technician has to come by and see what the problem is (even we told them). Then someone else will come by to pick up the machine and take it to the factory (of course, they do not tell you WHEN they will pick it up or just how long this could take). Way to go and do business!!!


Well, the house is nice and warm, and I'll go and have a hot chocolate, that's supposed to be good for the mind!

cheers

No comments: