Sunday, April 1, 2012

come on baby, light my fire...



Module 2 of my training... last Wednesday I went in, not really knowing what to think or say. Having read some stuff, I thought, wow, this is so much based on big companies, I just don't get it. I never worked in a big company, I taught there. It all felt pretty much like a downward spiral... and when would I hit solid ground again? 


Day 1 came and went, quite intense, with a coaching demonstration by one of our teachers. And it seemed so easy that I just thought: "wow, I'll never get there!". I was beat in the evening, and still not so much reassured about the "what the hell heck am I doing here?" 



It did become more concrete though. Tools were being given in addition to the implicit knowledge we are flooded with. The German in me LIKES tools, they are definable, they are palpable, they seem more realistic. 




Day 2 came and did not just go by: there was live coaching.... aka us, coaching each other (I know, like yikes!). A good coaching like the one on day 1 is good to see, but less ... well, instructive. A not-so-perfect coaching teaches way more about the techniques... especially the ones we didn't use!
A the end of that day, after debriefing the live coaching, I had a glimpse on how to do it - the light at the end of the tunnel - a tiny light, but a light nonetheless. That felt SO-O-O-O good, I went home elated (weird, huh?)


Day 3 came, and started off well, new material to help us grasp coaching and more coaching sessions. Again, mistakes were made and taught us more about how NOT to do it and gave us several glimpses on HOW to do it. 
While I am still in doubt (would that by any chance be in my nature?), I feel somewhat reassured about my path less traveled


Plus, I mean, it's spring, weather is just awesome at the moment and everything is blossoming... that does help to lighten the mood and lift the spirits, right?!




cheers!


No comments: